Sunday, April 29, 2007

Fruit Flower

I'm a week late posting this because I've been working hard on my two theses, but I presented one of them last week and then came home and rewarded myself for passing a mile marker by making this giant flower out of fruit.



Ingredients:
canned pineapple
fresh cantlaoupe
fresh strawberries
paprika (or cinnamon or other spice to taste)
honey
molasses
almonds

Layer pineapple to make petals. Sprinkle with paprika (or cinnamon or chipotle or whatever you enjoy). Cover with a layer of small pieces cut from half a cantaloupe, leaving the "flower petals" of the pineapple rings exposed. Cover with sliced strawberries. Drizzle with honey. Lightly drizzle with molasses (a little goes a long way. And it's definitely an acquired taste.) Garnish with almonds.

No comments: